|Twelve original songs by
Rusty Spell, plagiarizing the musical style of twelve different artists
and groups. This was originally also a game in which people
guessed who was being plagiarized, but now that there's a Plagiarism
2, we've moved on to it and given the answers to this one (see track
list below). The cover style of The Halo Benders' first album,
God Don't Make No Junk.
Recording: 2-12 Oct 2002 by Rusty Spell at Love and Letters Studios in Edinburg, TX. Photography: Liza Marshall. Total Running Time: 41.37.
All vocals, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboard, accordion, and egg shaker by Rusty Spell. All songs by Rusty Spell, lyrics and music written and adlibbed by him.
"12 Original, Flattering Songs"
|1. Mr. Death -- Fred the
electric chair guy. Style of They Might Be Giants.
2. And I Shudder -- Animals, humans, my end stinks but it don't tell me nothin'. Style of early Lambchop, with some latter Lambchop thrown in at end.
3. Streaked Statue -- Haunting threats. Style of cassette-deck Mountain Goats.
4. A Tatter -- Dance this mess about, why don't you. Style of Belle and Sebastian.
5. I Don't Mind -- Butt-grabbin' love. Style of Weezer (with a little bit of The Rentals thrown in).
6. Seventeen -- Maturity at its peak. Style of Ben Lee.
7. Time Will Not Slow -- Traveling minstrel pains. Style of Enya.
8. The Iguana -- Spread yo jelly. Style of Ween.
9. Black Hole Noodles -- The nature of time and of she. Style of Modest Mouse.
10. Oooh -- Sexxy, baby. Style of Morphine.
11. Angela -- All right. Aw yeah. I'm talkin' 'bout An-ge-luh. Style of Cake.
12. Born for Me -- That baby everyone heard about. Style of Neutral Milk Hotel.
'nSProd-39 LLM-22 RS-12
Copyright (c) Oct 2002 - Jun 2005 by Rusty Spell and Love and Letters Music